Our service Coordinator, Krystal Miller, has organized a way for us to help homeless women in the community.
Think about this:
- Have you ever gone a day without the ability to take a shower, brush your teeth,or wash your hair?
What about not having your feminine hygiene products for that time of the month?
Or not having anything to eat for days or weeks on end?
Well this is what the homeless in our community go through, most times at situations beyond their control and that is where they end up. While one would normally shy away from homeless beggars on the subway or the street we are taking part of a larger community who see the need to give something that matters back to the homeless. A sense of dignity and pride in taking care of themselves and the ability to have hope that people still care.
Help us by collecting and donating feminine hygiene products, toiletries (travel sized), and snacks for our BLESSING BAGS. Blessing bags are just that a bag full of blessings of what we take for granted as everyday essentials. Items such as:
- feminine hygiene products (pads, tampons, panty liners, menstrual cups, wipes)
- toiletries (travel sized toothbrushes, mouthwash, toothpaste, body wash, bar soap, lotion, combs, brushes, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, etc)
- snacks (granola bars, trail mix, applesauce, etc)
- first aid supplies (band-aids, alcohol wipes, etc)
Collected items can be dropped off at our Career Day event on Saturday, March 10th. Contact information is n the flyer if needed to dropped off at an earlier or later date.